"Done is better than perfect."
We know nothing is perfect. Ever.
A quick pivot to stay alive is better than getting your arm chewed off by a lion. If you’re website and marketing hasn't been launched then you've got no product, you've got no marketplace. You can't make money with a failure to launch.
COVID forced the hands of most businesses to online in some capacity and those that were able to adapt captured the market. From curbside pickup to contactless service, to online shopping for everything, the longer you wait to launch the more likely someone will beat you to the punch.
Because in general
- No one will notice
- You can fix it later
- Something is better than nothing.
So if you have been stressing, procrastinating and frustrated at a lack of initiation or completion, now is the time to press the red Click buzzer for help and get your online business a cracking chance.
Remember - Done gets results.
"We overestimate how much we can accomplish in a day, and we underestimate how much we can do in a year."
The plight of the SME is spending time working in the business, not ON the business. It’s easy to start the day with 5 tasks to accomplish and end up completing only 2 because something went sideways, interrupted or just popped up unexpectedly. The best of your intentions rarely marry up to reality.
Understanding how your short term goals contribute to your long term goals, be they process, performance or outcome goals will always give you direction and placement. And those hours add up very quickly to your big picture accomplishments.
Investing in ideas that may give you immediate results, but more importantly will have a big impact later. Think of it in terms of compound interest. Investment now means larger dividends down the track.
If you planned just for 2020, chances are you were dealt a serious backhand. Newly implemented website automation systems allowed us to be agile, flex up and down with business levels, and create the valuable time we needed when forced to pivot. And we can help you too.
"If failure is not an option, then neither is success."
– Seth Godin
Failure is generally viewed as punitive as we grow up. From test scores to team sports, winner bath in adulation while the bottom of the bell curve is rewarded with extra homework on the weekends.
We think of failure as opposite.
- Learn to fail fast. The less time you waste on an idea that won't be successful the better.
- Never stay attached to your mistakes. They won't change and neither will you unless you are willing to move on.
- Drop what's not serving you and move quickly past.
Remember WD-40? It took fledgling Rocket Chemical Company 40 tries to get the formula right. From Aerospace engineering to your dad's workshop. It's in just about every home in Australia.
Be willing to try, fail, and try again until you find the winning formula.
So if the fear of failure has you paralysed or analysis paralysis has set in...just remember...you have to be in it to win it.
"If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail."
– Ben Franklin
Life is great at presenting us with many time-sensitive windows of opportunity. Being prepared means you can take advantage of those opportunities when they come at you. Investing the time in yourself, your product and your business will get you noticed.
- Be diligent about setting the time aside your business needs to research, build and launch (or pivot).
- Avoid burnout by maintaining a good life balance. Eat well, sleep, exercise. Then you can be 100% when you're on.
- Work smarter not harder. Automate, outsource, and delegate where you can. You need to be the brains, not the braun.
- Learn something new. Whether it's business-related or completely off-topic, opening yourself up to learning avenues and broadening your horizons in terms of thought. One of our favourite business books this year was “The Bezos Letters' ' with Karen Anderson. It breaks down Amazon's principles of growth and shows how lessons from one of history’s most successful companies can be used by every company.
- Reflect, revise and adjust. Take the time to use that “2020 vision” to analyse your business practices, reimagine and even pivot if need be.
By being prepared for opportunities you’ll be poised to capitalise on them when the many doors start to open for your business. Let’s light a proverbial rocket under your eCommerce website.
"Life shrinks and expands on the proportion of your willingness to take risks and try new things."
– Gary Vaynerchuk
Gary V is one of our favourite gurus here at Click. His principles are no fluff, simple and direct. Your opportunities are directly proportional to the amount of risk you are willing to take. You can continue with the same model, but sooner or later there is no refuting the fact that you will become obsolete.
Stepping out of your comfort zone feels risky in the face of uncertainty. No gain ever comes from playing it safe (Disclaimer - this is not a suggestion to go out and walk the overhead railway bridge), so go ahead and audition for Dancing With The Stars. Your dedication, hard work, practise and planning will help you feel more confident when the time comes. You're still going to have to dig deep and walk out onto the ledge, but being prepared and resilient will help you mitigate the risk to grab onto that opportunity and improves the chances of achieving your future business goals.
"Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you're doing, but no one else does."
– Steuart Henderson Britt
What we know:
- Having the best product or service does not guarantee you success.
- The most qualified person doesn’t always get the job.
- And it’s not the most honourable person who gets elected.
- The Kardashians always win.
Why? They simply have the best marketing.
For your business to become successful you’ll need to:
- Become a marketing expert over dozens of SAAS platforms, SEO & Search, PPC and content creation.
- Hire someone in-house.
Here at Click Creative one of our strengths as a boutique digital agency is making sure that your business is being seen, from beautiful custom web design to SEO and organic searches, to PPC and social campaign marketing. We know how to find your customers in the right place at the right time, with the right message, making conversions simple and fast.
If you don't have full clarity about what digital marketing your business needs, we’d love to help. Book a free no-obligation consultation to launch your business into the stratosphere this year.
Book a digital marketing strategy session